Why Scrap Metal Recyclers Should Know the Steels That They SellBlog | August 15th, 2017
Steel is the ideal metal to recycle since each tonne of scrap steel saves 633 kg of coal, 54 kg of limestone and 1131 kg of iron ore in the process of manufacturing new steel products. As a result, there is a large demand for scrap steel, but not all steel is suitable for the same purpose. Metal recyclers must know their steels, so that they can sort them correctly to sell the steels to those who will re-purpose the scrap into useful items once again.
Examples of Steel Items That Metal Recyclers Buy From You
The following are examples of major sources for scrap steel that you can sell to or buy from metal recyclers:
• Automobiles contain approximately 60-percent steel along with iron and other types of metals, including the precious metals of rhodium, palladium and platinum that are in catalytic converters.
• Appliances are typically comprised of approximately 65-percent steel along with copper, zinc and aluminium.
• Food cans are often referred to as metal, aluminium or tin cans and are typically made from tin-coated steel. They also can contain a small amount of nickel or chromium.
Information about Steels
Steels come in many forms. While some are uncoated, others receive a coating of zinc during the galvanizing process to ensure that they stand up to the weather elements outdoors without a risk of corrosion. Stainless steel is a general term that covers a variety of steels. What makes it different is the fact that it is made in a two-step process that includes the addition of carbon and iron along with chromium, nickel and other alloying elements. The process increases its resistant to corrosion.
The Re-Purposing of Different Grades of Stainless Steel
While metal recyclers need to be able to identify all their steels properly, stainless steel poses a unique issue since its various grades are utilised for specific purposes, such as the following list:
• 17-4 grade of stainless is in many elements of the aerospace and food industries.
• 304 stainless is ideal for kitchen equipment
• 316 grade of stainless steel is utilised by the marine and food industries.
• 310 grade of stainless is found in numerous types of high-temperature equipment since it can hold up under the heat.
• 321 grade of stainless steel often is in exhaust systems and aircraft bodies and interiors.
When in search of a quality metal recycler, turn to Melbourne Metal Recycling. We buy and sell numerous types of non-ferrous and ferrous scrap metal, including various types of steel. Our company understands how to identify all of the metals in the appropriate manner.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Earn Some Holiday Cash by Selling Scrap Metals
- How Metal Recycling Can Give Hope for a Sustainable Future
- The Importance of Lead (Metal) Recycling
- Proper Car Battery Disposal in Melbourne
- Source Second Hand Car Parts Only from Reputable Metal Recyclers
- De-clutter Your Yard and Garage By Recycling Scrap Metals
- Car Removal Service: Best Solution When Your Unwanted Vehicle Becomes Useless and Junk
- Regular Bin Collection Services for Regular Metal Scraps That Need to Be Collected
- How Scrap Metal Recycling Can Improve the Quality of Life
- Why Scrap Metal Recyclers Should Know the Steels That They Sell
- Why Scrap Metal Recycling Makes Sense
- The Importance of Same Day Service for Car Removal Including Large Buses and Vans
- Scrap Metals for Sale in Melbourne: Why Choose Melbourne Metal Recycling?
- Why Should You Bring Scrap Batteries to Authorised Recyclers?
- Benefits of Buying Used Car Spare Parts from Scrapyards
- Environmental Benefits of Scrap Metal Recycling
- Cheaper Than Brand New: Scrap Metal Products for Sale at Melbourne Metal Recycling
- The Importance of Metal Recycling Services for Scrap Batteries and Metal Products
- Second Hand Car Parts for Sale: Available at Melbourne Metal Recycling
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Scrap Metals for Sale in Melbourne
- Benefits of Old Car Removal: What You Can Give and Gain From It?
- Things That Auto Wreckers and Scrap Dealers Can Do for You
- Earn Cash for Scrap Metals in your Home: What Are The Benefits?
- The Importance and Value of Scrap Metal Recycling